Well. . . .I decided that I wanted to get rid of some of my lipsticks, but not literally throw them away yet find a way to condense them so I don’t have 90 something tubes stored in various drawers and caboodles – so I ordered an empty palette which was no easy feat no less. I looked on every site I could to find an empty lipstick palette but all I could find was empty eye shadow palettes.
I saw online that MAC had some so I went in the store to pick up one but you can only buy it online. . ..GRRRRR go figure right. So I went online to MAC and brought the lipstick palette.
I love it. . . .It’s perf and purty so I was really excited to put my lipsticks inside. Some put their fav lipsticks in here and if I were a MUA, I would but instead I put the “forgottens” inside of it. Half are Black Radiance and the other half are a mixture from INGLOT to Dots brand lipstick.
SOOOOOOO to the point, it’s obvious I love it but is it all good son!?
- Clean, sleek and a nice size
- The two parts are simple to put together; put the try inside the palette
- Price: $2 for the tray, $8 for the palette – NO shipping! How awesome is that?
- Puts all of my “forgottens” up front for me to see and sleek enough to travel with
- Quality is great. Sturdy, functional, and light weight.
- It’s hard as hell to pop that tray out once it’s in so make sure you have a plan in motion before use, lol – seriously!
- Scratches – I wasn’t too happy to see scratches on the top of the glass but considering the price and no shipping, it’s not a deal breaker but annoying
- Well. . .it’s not food. Two of the lipsticks were very stubborn and not melting, I kept going in short intervals of 15 seconds. . .I did it for far too long and this happened:
GRRRRRRRR look at what I did? Must have thought I was cooking a sammich or something buuuuut lesson’s learned. Another tray has been ordered and since it came so quick the last time my lipstick will be okay until then except I’m going to have to scoop and melt all over again . . .this shall be interesting!!!
VERDICT: I love this thing and will order it again and again especially since it’s super cheap. I love having my lost colors on display for me to see when I am searching for colors. I love it to be able to take it with me when traveling so I don’t have to take different tubes. I may even take the next one and put my good lipstick inside. . .haven’t decided yet. Either way this is a good buy and after all the research I did, these were the best price and quality. JUST REMEMBER FOLKS, IT’S PLASTIC. . .YOU CAN’T COOK IT. LOL